What's your favourite 4/3's lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite 4/3's lens?

Mine is the Zuiko 35-100 f2.0 lens. I've owned it about 6 months and it was love at first sight. It's simply an awesome lens that I can completely rely on, it's focus is always spot on, always The quality of the images is just amazing, sharp, detailed, lovely Bokeh and the contrast and resolution are superb.
    It has a very distinctive whine as it focusses but that for me anyway gives it a bit of character, it's not an SWD lens but the focus is still fast and most importantly as I already mentioned reliable. Being an f2.0 lens it's very fast and it can be used wide open with no hesitation, the shots ate still sharp as ever, use with the EC20 and you get a 70-200mm f4.0 lens and still retain the image quality.

When I come back from a shoot after using it the only disappointment if any is my compositions or exposure etc, but the lens has done it's job only me to blame.
    The cream on the cake is it looks good too, sure it's big, bigger than the 50-200 but not that much bigger but believe me it's not a curse if that's what required to produce a lens of that quality.
    It even knocks the 14-35 and 90-250 off my top spot.

Paul
    GH-3, OM-D, 7-14, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300, 25, 60 macro, 40-150 Pro.

RX100

View my online albums Picasa and
    Flickr

Re: What's your favourite 4/3's lens?

I have a problem picking my favourite- not only for a thread like this, but I can't go out with just one lens. Off course it is a question of what you want to shoot, but it is almost becoming an obsession. Probably in this order: 12-60, Sigma 50 mm f 1.4 50-200, 150 f2 and - I don't have the Zuiko 14 - 35 mm. It might otherwise have been my favourite. Should maybe have started with it - but then I would have missed the 12 mm of the 12 - 60. And then this weekend in great weather I brought out a second hand purchased Zeiss Planar 50 mm f 1.4. My children are so old now (being able to sit still for more than15 seconds) that I can do fairly good manual focus and I must say I really love the colors and light that lense give.

Comment

I gotta say it's the 14-50 Vario Elmart that came with my L1. Perfect.

Comment

ZD 50 Macro f/2.0
        Steve

Comment

The legacy OM Zuiko 350mm;

Or the DZ 7-14 if you only want 4/3 lenses nominated.
          It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

favorite : 50-200 mk1
            most used : 14-54 mk1

Comment

My favorite is the 7-14mm. Amazing lens.
              Russ

Comment

I think it is the 14-42 for me.

Kevin.-
                Kevin Knops

Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs.

Ansel Adams
                Olympus E-620 - 14-42 mm - 40-150 mm - Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW - Manfrotto 785-SHB

Comment

I must say ZD 50/F2.0

Comment

11-22 love that one and is my most used .. so versatile and so good!
                    Martin

Comment

The responses have fantastic, one thing for sure no particular lens stands out, everyone has their own idea of what lens suits them or has impressed them, horses for courses and so it should be!! :-)

Paul

RX100

Flickr

Comment

I'm also very impressed with the current kit lenses, the 14-42 and 40-150, OK they won't set the world on fire with their performance in absolute terms but for what they are, the compact size and light weight and the relative IQ, they are optically slow too but add that all up and look at what you get and believe me they are Stella performers, I have both of them in my arsenal and they get used regularly.

Paul

RX100

Flickr

Comment

My "bread & butter" lenses are the 12-60 and ED 50-200 and my "wow" lens is the 7-14. I'd happily subject myself to the 35-100's charms, but haven't managed the sack o' cash required to try (came close during spring's rebates, but they vanished amazingly fast).

The 7-14 might possibly be the favorite, but I couldn't live without the other two.

Cheers,

Rick

Comment

12-60 SWD for me.

It's very versatile, fast in all regards. My most used walkaround lens.
                            Bodies: E510, E30, E-PL1, Lenses: 12-60mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm, 35mm, EC-14, 14-42mmL, 40-150mm, MMF-2.

Comment

My most used lenses are the 14-54 (mk.I), 35-100, 50-200 SWD and the Leica 25/1,4.

Comment

Working...
                              X