I decided to buy a new camera recently and compared some pictures (resolution, colors, lighting, long exposure, etc) and the GF3 in overall was better.
I charged my credit card with this cameras. (my wife wasn't happy about it but some of them got returned
) I need it to test them side by side.
1) Already owned D3000 (great resolution but no video) Sold it
2) Already owned Canon XSi (the d3000 had better resolution) Sold it
3) Nikon j1 (pictures were very decent, video was awesome) Returned
4) Nikon p510 (awesome zoom and lots of features but resolution and zoom focus could be better) Returned
5) Loaned Canon 60D (great pictures but to expensive) Returned
6) Panasonic DMC-GF3 (fastest autofocus in my opinion and great resolution)
I choosed the GF3 because from all of the above the GF3 took faster and better pictures than all the others (Canon 60D has better resolution but not worth the extra money) Once you play with the manual focus on the GF3 I got excellent night sky long exposures pictures.
I also tested video on all the ones that had the option and I must say the Nikon J1 has the best video of all and I'm not talking about the 400fps feature, I'm talking about 1080p@60fps is the smoothest, best color and sharpest of all the cameras with great autofocus. and has internal intervalometer a feature I wanted but picture resolution were not that great compared to the GF3.
For I was looking for, a easy to use camera for family pictures, occasional long exposure pictures, compact with lots of manual controls the GF3 filled my bill.
Here is a picture of my daughter using flash (picture was re-sized using power toys image resizer and then uploaded to imageshack, original picture is way better)