Advertisements

Go Back   Four Thirds User discussion forum > Blogs

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Flashgun Metz 52 AF-1

Posted 4th February 2013 at 09:46 PM by throt

First of all I must say sorry because of no pictures in thread. It's due to busy times and there is a mess with all the images (I havent even managed to unload the pics from one CF card for couple of months).

After my wife complained several months about the recycling time of FL-36R I made her a christmas present with Metz 52 AF-1.
Out of the box it was a nice piece with leg and soft bag. When I powered it up it got a bit strange as I was used with buttons and wheel but it...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2873 Comments 3 throt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Village dance party

Posted 17th August 2012 at 08:02 AM by throt

A friend of mine was playing with his band in a village dance party near my home couple of weeks ago and asked me to join. As the weather was nice, it was only ca 30km away and hasnt seen them performing before thought it would be fun to spend the evening there. Took along my E-1 with 35mm, 14-42 and FL-36R. Soon found that the kit lens was that I took for wide angle shoots wasn't actually the one needed. Would have benefited more from 40-150 lens plus later in the evening the lens was a bit too...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1816 Comments 3 throt is offline Edit Tags
Old

A first try of advanced PP

Posted 29th June 2012 at 08:14 PM by throt

Have used only basic post processing elements so far (exposure, WB, etc) but while looking at Robert Watcher video about layer masks thought it doesn't look so hard. Well it sure would help a lot if one would know how to use the software .
The first one was made with separate layers and lasso not with masks as in video but lets take it step by step and also as read from the thread there he started the same way. Next thing to do in the future is to study how these layer masks work and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1506 Comments 2 throt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Missed the shot again...

Posted 14th March 2012 at 08:11 AM by throt

Starting the blog for reminding me the error I have made way too many times. There are many times when I haven't taken the minute to step closer or stop for a sec. For the first problem there are also couple of additional solutions a) get a camera that has more than 5Mpix for cropping b) get a longer lens because @ 150mm kit lens is a bit soft. But for those solutions there is one big and very old problem - cash

On Monday at my way home from office I saw windsurfers on the field....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1874 Comments 3 throt is offline Edit Tags